Yoga Nidra, or “dynamic sleep,” is a unique approach to deep relaxation, meditation and transformative dreamwork that can be practiced with little or no yogic experience, yet it encompasses the full breadth of yoga psychology and meditative insight. Yoga Nidra is typically ‘delivered’ to a group by a trained instructor, though it may also be employed in a one-on-one setting (e.g., in place of or as an adjunct to counseling, psychotherapy, energy work, etc.) and, ultimately, may become the foundation of your yoga practice and journey of self-discovery.This comprehensive and nourishing 12-hour teacher training and retreat-style experience will feature gentle movement, breath work, and several opportunities to both receive and guide the immensely restorative, deep relaxation of Yoga Nidra. The training will also feature integrative discussion/Q&A on the philosophy and evidenced-based research supporting the practice, including how it relates to waking, dreaming (e.g., lucid dreaming) and consciousness, healing trauma, releasing anxiety, alleviating insomnia, overcoming nightmares, etc. Among our learning objectives are for you to:• Receive a succinct yet adaptable method for delivering Yoga Nidra to diverse audiences.
• Explore ways to incorporate Yoga Nidra into yoga classes, schools, health care clinics, private practice, home/family life, etc.
• Examine the theoretical and philosophical foundations of Yoga Nidra, including how it relates to counseling theory, psychology, yoga, mindfulness, Buddhism, etc., as well as evidenced-based research, trauma-informed approaches and ethical concerns.
• Practice how to connect with yourself and others, foster empathy and develop clear boundaries, while instilling additional strategies for self-care, wellness and prevention.
• Develop tools for deepening your own practice, finding your voice, and speaking authentically from your heart.
• Learn to relax more deeply into the present moment, let go of your fears, revitalize yourself and tap into vast creative resources.
This program is open to all levels and no experience is needed. All participants will receive a training manual and, upon fulfillment of all course requirements, a certificate of completion for Level I. Yoga Alliance members are eligible to receive 12 hours of CE credit. Hours also count toward the VIsta Yoga 300-Hour Training.
*Includes Training Manual
Space is Limited
Nick Atlas, Ph.D.
Nick Atlas, Ph.D., E-RYT 500 is an author, artist, and transformative educator specializing in integrative approaches to sleep, dreams, and deep relaxation. The Director of Evolutionary Education® and 200-hour Yoga Psychology Teacher Trainings, Dr. Nick is also an Instructor of Transpersonal Psychology at Atlantic University. Currently based outside of Atlanta, Georgia (USA), he works one-on-one with clients internationally and conducts pioneering research on Yoga Nidra and lucid dreaming. He has been practicing and teaching various forms of yoga, qigong, meditation, and expressive arts since 1998. Learn more at evolutionaryeducation.org.