Experiential Anatomy: Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
with Marti Yura and Patty SchmidtNext Offering TBD
20-Hours offered for Yoga Alliance Certification and a Mandatory Module in the Vista Yoga 300-Hour Teacher Training
Experiential Anatomy is a weekend workshop which will allow you to move beyond typical yoga anatomy understanding by learning and applying both western medical and yogic theories to explore, examine and implement yoga asana to find a deeper sense of balance in the body.
In this workshop we’ll:
• Explore areas of the body with their relationship to function, limitations, and energetic properties, using discussion, observation, palpation and practice.
• Experience living anatomy and physiology through the lens of the myofascial system, the koshas, the 5 Element Theory of Yoga, the chakras and meridians.
• Understand the role the body and brain play in creating strain patterns of tightness and weakness referred to as “Crossed Syndrome” and learn how to use palpation and props to explore, learn, loosen and release these patterns of holding.
• Learn how to use somatic movements, functional exercises and yoga asana to experience the myofascial system, to increase blood flow and improve range of motion, to build proprioceptive and interoceptive awareness, and to activate the Bandhas that bring this anatomical knowledge to life.
• Practice “prescribed” yoga postures with alignment theories that will help bring balance to all systems over time by expanding proprioceptive and interoceptive awareness, which in turn enhances the quality of one’s life.
Experiential anatomy goes beyond the physical: by implementing the ideas presented in this workshop, you create a stable foundation to live from and reduce suffering.
“When we feel balanced and live from our center, we experience a greater sense of freedom and ease; ease in our body, mind and spirit.”