YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
VISTA YOGA/PRAJNA YOGA 200-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Our foundational training is comprised of a small, intimate group of students who will immerse themselves in a deep dive into the study of yoga over the course of nine weekends, spanning approximately 5-6 months.
This is a journey of discovery and insight, each session opening new vistas through which you will see, feel, and intuitively understand how yoga practice can impact our lives.
Our teachers are grounded in a mindful approach, with a focus on integrating the physical, meditative, and philosophical aspects of yoga.
Each session will include practice time as well as contemplative and anatomical study, giving students time to integrate the teachings. You will have experience working with your fellow participants in preparing sequences and practice teaching what you’ve learned. Every student will be assigned a Mentor (Certified Yoga Teacher) to support you during your training.
This immersion is for anyone who wants to deepen their own personal practice and relationship to yoga. Upon completion, participants will receive a 200-hour certificate which qualifies them to become a 200-hour Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance. Whether you teach or not, you will be grounded in a strong foundation from which to move forward in life.
Program content will include:
- Yoga Anatomy – An in-depth experiential study of the human body.
- An introduction to the myofascial system and how it relates to yoga practice.
- Somatics, Asana, Vinyasa Flow, Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga.
- Anatomy of the subtle body: nadis, chakras, yin meridians and how they relate to yoga asana.
- Principles of sequencing, class design and how to weave a dharma (wisdom) into your teaching.
- Using your voice effectively.
- Learning a wide variety of variations and modifications with the use of props.
- Teaching basic Pranayama techniques.
- An introduction to Ayurveda and personal practices to support well- being.
- Mindfulness Meditation, Mantra practices and how to work with stress.
- An introduction and overview of Women’s Health in relationship to asana practice.
- Learning and exploring the wisdom teachings from the Buddhist tradition, including the Four Foundations of Mindfulness, the Eightfold Path and the Three Jewels.
- An introduction to the Sanskrit Language: pronunciation of the alphabet, chants, sutras and asana names.
- Exploring and Chanting Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, with special attention to the Eight Limbs of Yoga.
- Hindu iconography as it relates to yoga asana.
- Learning how to adapt and teach in a variety of settings, including on-line.
E- RYT 500, Prajna Yoga 500 Hour Teacher
MA, E-RYT 200
RYT-500, IAYT Level 1
2023 Course Dates
VISTA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING – 2023
(First few weekends will be offered online with Zoom until further notice)
- March 31, April 1, 2
- April 21, 22, 23
- May 5, 6, 7
- May 19, 20, 21
- June 9, 10, 11
- June 30, July 1, 2
- July 21, 22, 23
- August 11, 12, 13
- August 25, 26, 27
Graduation: September 9
Friday meeting days typically are from 6:00PM-9:00PM;
Saturday meeting days typically are from 9:00AM-6:00PM;
Sunday meeting days typically are from 9:30AM-6:30PM;
“The Vista Yoga’s Yoga Teacher Training deepened my practice, introduced me to many great people and brought me closer to my teachers and the studio.
I didn’t join with the intention to teach, but with the intention to learn. It was everything I expected. I think I will carry those lessons for the rest of my life.”
– Fred Yelk Woodruff
“I came to yoga at a time in my life when things were changing. Change is stressful. I took YTT at Vista Yoga, mostly for myself. I had no real intention of teaching.
The things I learned, self-care, asanas (yoga poses), pranayama (breath work), yogic philosophy and on and on, have changed me profoundly.
I can look at the world in a way I never could before. I am so grateful that Marti and Marty shared this gift with me. I feel like I am myself now.
I do teach now. I was always a teacher, I just had to become myself to realize it.”
– Valerie Quiñones de Maya
The total cost of this program is $3,100.
Early Bird Cost: $2900 If Paid in Full before March 1, 2023.
There is a non-refundable $500.00 deposit required at registration. Space is limited to 14 participants.
Please contact us at 404-929-YOGA(9642) or at: email@example.com to arrange for interview.