YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
200-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Our foundational training takes place both virtually and in-person. Participants comprise a small, intimate group of students who, over nine weekends during a six-month time span, will immerse themselves in a deep dive into the study of yoga. This will be a journey of discovery and insight, each session opening new vistas through which you will see, feel and intuitively understand how yoga practice impacts life. We are grounded in a mindful, contemplative approach, with a focus on integrating the physical, meditative, and philosophical aspects of yoga.
If your path leads you to teach yoga, you will have experience working with your fellow participants in preparing sequences and from practice teaching what you’ve learned. You will be grounded in a strong foundation from which to move forward as a teacher. Whether you teach or not, this is a path toward embodied wisdom.
What You Will Learn:
- Yoga Anatomy
- Study of the myofascial system
- Learn and Practice Somatics, Yin and Restorative
- Explore the anatomy of the subtle body: nadis, chakras, meridians
- Learn principles of sequencing and class design
- How to cue using principles of alignment
- Learn modifications, variations, and use of props
- Intro to Pranayama practice
- Mindfulness Meditation, How to Work with Stress
- Yoga for Women’s Health
- Engage with the wisdom teachings from the Buddhist tradition including the Four Foundations of Mindfulness, the Eightfold Path and the Three Jewels
- Introduction to the Sanskrit Language: chants, sutras, asana names
- Explore Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras with special attention to the eight limbs of yoga
- Teaching in person and online
E- RYT 500, Prajna Yoga 500 Hour Teacher
MA, E-RYT 200
RYT-500, IAYT Level 1
2021 Course Dates
VISTA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING – 2021
(First few weekends will be offered online with Zoom until further notice)
- April 30, May 1, 2
- May 21, 22, 23
- June 11, 12, 13
- July 9, 10, 11
- July 30, 31, August 1
- August 20, 21, 22
- September 10, 11, 12
- September 24, 25, 26
- October 15,16, 17
Graduation: October 23rd
Friday meeting days typically are from 6:00PM-9:00PM;
Saturday meeting days typically are from 9:00AM-6:00PM;
Sunday meeting days typically are from 9:30AM-6:30PM;
“The Vista Yoga’s Yoga Teacher Training deepened my practice, introduced me to many great people and brought me closer to my teachers and the studio.
I didn’t join with the intention to teach, but with the intention to learn. It was everything I expected. I think I will carry those lessons for the rest of my life.”
– Fred Yelk Woodruff
“I came to yoga at a time in my life when things were changing. Change is stressful. I took YTT at Vista Yoga, mostly for myself. I had no real intention of teaching.
The things I learned, self-care, asanas (yoga poses), pranayama (breath work), yogic philosophy and on and on, have changed me profoundly.
I can look at the world in a way I never could before. I am so grateful that Marti and Marty shared this gift with me. I feel like I am myself now.
I do teach now. I was always a teacher, I just had to become myself to realize it.”
– Valerie Quiñones de Maya
The total cost of this program is $2950.
If paid in full by February 15, 2021 the cost is $2750.
There is a non-refundable $500.00 deposit required at registration. Space is limited.