Next Offering TBD
8-Hours offered in Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits and as a Mandatory Module in the Vista Yoga 300-Hour Teacher Training
Ayurveda offers a modern approach to health and wellness that is rooted in ancient wisdom.
A living science derived from ancient Vedic wisdom and deeply rooted in nature, Ayurveda’s purpose is to heal and maintain the quality and longevity of life. Incorporating modern developments with 5,000 years of proven techniques, it offers a profound key to understanding each person’s unique body, mind, and consciousness—the foundation of health and happiness.
It allows us to move away from a one-size-fits-all approach to well-being by offering an individualized course designed to restore balance in your mind and body.
Ayurveda principles act as the “instruction manual” for how to achieve your optimal state of health.
In this training module students will explore:
- Ayurveda history and purpose
- Gunas, elements, and doshas
- Ayurveda Clock
- Daily and Seasonal Routines
- Art of Medicine Making (blend your own herbal tea)
- Prepare an Ayurvedic Meal
Students will learn:
- your unique body type and current state of balance
- foods best suited to you
- insights into how your needs change with the seasons, age, or with digestive issues, insomnia, anxiety and other common ailments
- keys to vital health
- create your own herbal tea blend
- share an Ayurvedic meal